Swearing-in of newly elected councillors postponed
SHORT NEWS
The urban development ministry has announced the immediate cancellation of swearing-in ceremonies for all newly elected regional and local authority councillors. The events had been scheduled for 3 December.
In a circular issued on Friday, executive director Wilhelmine Shivute said the ceremonies will no longer take place on the planned date, adding that a new date will be communicated in due course.
The notice follows an earlier circular of 31 October outlining arrangements for the swearing-in of political office-bearers after the regional council and local authority elections. The ministry did not give reasons for the postponement.
- TUYEIMO HAIDULA
In a circular issued on Friday, executive director Wilhelmine Shivute said the ceremonies will no longer take place on the planned date, adding that a new date will be communicated in due course.
The notice follows an earlier circular of 31 October outlining arrangements for the swearing-in of political office-bearers after the regional council and local authority elections. The ministry did not give reasons for the postponement.
- TUYEIMO HAIDULA



Comments
Namibian Sun
No comments have been left on this article