Toddler drowns in oshikundu, as pensioner chokes on meat
26 July 2021 | Accidents
A one-year-old child drowned in a bucket of homebrew on Friday afternoon at Akalungu village, Outapi Constituency, in the Omusati Region.
The region’s police commander, Commissioner Titus Shikongo, said Tomas Diof Andima’s grandmother left him in the house with two other children, aged eight and 10, while she was washing clothes at a nearby well.
“It is further reported that the grandmother upon coming back to the house found the deceased had drowned in a bucket of traditional brew (oshikundu),” he said.
On Saturday night, a 71-year-old woman died at Omahenene village in the Onesi Constituency after chocking on a piece of meat.
Shikongo said the deceased, Elizabeth Fillemon, was having dinner with her family when she started choking and died a few minutes later.
Police investigations into both cases continue.