• Home
  • JUSTICE
  • Otjiwarongo rape accused appears in court
POSTPONED: Vehonga Ndura (43) at the Otjiwarongo Magistrateu0027s Court on Tuesday. Photo: Phillipus Josef
POSTPONED: Vehonga Ndura (43) at the Otjiwarongo Magistrateu0027s Court on Tuesday. Photo: Phillipus Josef

Otjiwarongo rape accused appears in court

Phillipus Josef

An Otjiwarongo man charged with rape made his first appearance in the Otjiwarongo Magistrate's Court on Tuesday in connection with an alleged assault on a 15-year-old schoolgirl.

The case was postponed to 7 September for a formal bail application.

Vehonga Ndura (43) is accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old Grade 8 learner at a guest house in Otjiwarongo on 12 August.

The complainant told police she had been invited to a gathering last week at the guest house and that the alleged assault occurred later that night.

The complainant reportedly fled to a bathroom and eventually told her parents, who subsequently reported it to police.

Another person was also arrested but was later released and did not appear in court.

State prosecutor Wendy Nkando indicated that there was insufficient evidence linking another individual to the alleged offence, as the person was reportedly unaware of Ndura’s alleged actions.

Ndura is represented by lawyer Thomas Andima of Thomas Andima & Co Inc.

The defence requested the postponement to September to prepare for the formal bail application.

Ndura will remain in custody until then.

[email protected]


Comments

Namibian Sun 2026-08-19

No comments have been left on this article

Please login to leave a comment