Klein speaks agriculture
Arnold Klein says his passion for agribusiness drives him.
10 August 2018 | People
Arnold Klein took up the position as CEO of one of the largest agribusinesses in Namibia, Agra, in 2015.
Over his years in service of this company, Klein has brought many changes - from changes in the culture, attitude and work ethics of employees, to turning around the retail and wholesale sides of the business. Agra has in its 38 years of existence, established itself as a business with a strong business ethic that prides itself on its service to its customers.
Klein is a born Namibian and grew up on a farm in the south of Namibia. After primary school he furthered his schooling and studies in Stellenbosch, South Africa. He obtained his honours degree in 1991, qualifying as an agricultural economist.
“I started at Agra in 2003 as manager of the retail and wholesale division and served in this position until I was appointed as CEO. My passion for agribusiness drives me,” Klein says.
Before his career in agribusiness, he was employed by the government at the directorate of planning as an agricultural economist. Here he gained experience in the agricultural sector, focusing on agricultural policies, production economics, food security and international trade.
The experience he gained helped him a lot when he entered the private sector, where he was later appointed as general manager of the Hardap Cooperative in 1996, a position he held for more than seven years.
Pull-out: “We at Agra believe in the significance of our company, a key partner and role-player in the agricultural industry, creating prosperity and providing a better life for all Namibians.”
Agra’s products and services have expanded to serving agriculture as a whole, through its retail and wholesale business, auctioneering services, properties division, DIY offering, hunting and outdoor ranges, as well as training and consultancies provided by Agra ProVision. Agra serves as a one-stop shop for the entire community through its countrywide branch network and its wide range of products.
Agra’s vision, with Klein at the lead, is to be a resource for growth, living the purpose of creating prosperity and improving the quality of life of all Namibians.
· Klein owns a farm, thus knows the challenges and expectations of a farmer.
· Klein loves to travel and experience different cultures, he believes that any insight gained in life also helps in business.
· Besides being a serious and results-driven leader, Klein has a creative and artistic side and loves to paint.
· He also enjoys adrenalin sport activities; it gives you a different perspective and makes you forget about your stress, he says.
· He loves and respects nature and is passionate about agriculture and business.
· Klein believes that working and living with passion, taking ownership and responsibility and being consistent are the most important factors for a life of excellence. The same goes for success in a business, where excellent customer service will always attract more clients and increase market share.