IUM launches Centre for Environmental Studies
23 February 2021 | Education
Speaking during a stakeholder engagement meeting held at the IUM Dorado Campus in November 2020, Professor David Richard Namwandi, the founder and council chair of IUM, said: “Given Namibia’s fragile ecosystem, being one of the most arid countries south of the Sahara, such a programme offers hope for the future of the nation’s economy and society.
“By its design, the centre responds to training and research needs of the country in the drive towards achieving a knowledge-based society by 2030 and beyond. Furthermore, CES complements the research agenda of IUM, within the context of the 4th Industrial Revolution.”
Centre for environmental studies courses on offer:
1. Doctor of Philosophy (PHD) in Integrated Natural Resources Management (NQF Level 10)
2. Doctor of Philosophy (PHD) in Sustainable Development (NQF Level 10)
(Can major in Sustainable Communities and Inclusive Development)
3. Master of Science in Integrated Environmental Management and Sustainable Development (NQF Level 9)
4. Master of Science in Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation (NQF Level 9)
5. Master of Science in Conservation Agricultural Management (NQF Level 9)
6. Bachelor of Environmental Management and Sustainable Development Honours (NQF Level 8)
7. Bachelor of Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation Honours (NQF Level 8)
8. Bachelor of Conservation Agriculture Management Honours (NQF Level 8)
Visit their website: www.ium.edu.na for details on entry requirements, durations and fees.