I’ll bounce back in 2015 - Prince
30 December 2014 | Sports
Bantamweight boxer Immanuel ‘Prince’ Naidjala is planning a dramatic comeback next year to reclaim the World Boxing Organisation (WBO) African Bantamweight championship belt he lost earlier this month.
Naidjala lost his WBO African Bantamweight belt to Gideon Buthelezi of South Africa at the Windhoek Country Club earlier this month after 12 rounds of boxing.
Speaking to Nampa on Monday, Naidjala said he learnt a lot from his defeat to Buthelezi and is looking forward to showing the Namibian nation what he is made of in the new year.
“I made a few small mistakes in my fight against Buthelezi, and those mistakes cost me my belt. I’m going back to the gym on January 2, and this time around I will give it my all when I step into the ring.
I want to win again to show the people that believed in me that they don’t have to lose faith in me,” he said.
Naidjala also lost his WBO Bantamweight World title to Kameda Tomaki of Japan on December 3, 2013.
He has a record of 22 fights, 19 wins, one draw and two losses.
He was ranked 13th by the WBO in the Bantamweight category before his fight with Buthelezi.
Naidjala said he is confident that he will get a rematch with Buthelezi for the WBO African Bantamweight belt.
“I have not spoken to my management yet but I am positive we can get a rematch with Buthelezi. He [Buthelezi] had a good time in Namibia and he would love to come back as fans here were also cheering for him,” he said.