Election 2019: Governance structure
15 November 2019 | Local News
ALL PEOPLE'S PARTY (APP)
· Rein in SOEs boards, their CEOs and senior managers on their exorbitant payments and benefits and link performance to such remuneration packages.
· Ensure that only professionals, technocrats and other sector knowledgeable persons are appointed to boards through an open and transparent process.
· No person shall serve on more than two boards concurrently.
· Ensure an official minimum living wage and other benefits for all workers at SOEs.
Independent candidate (Dr Panduleni Itula)
• Twelve ministers, of whom at least four shall be under the age of 35.
• Merge or close some of the 30 parastatals.
• Early retirement with maximum pension benefits.
Landless People's Movement (LPM)
• Create a nimble cabinet by downsizing the executive to 12 cabinet ministers with specific and targeted portfolios.
• Abolish the vice-president position.
• Separate the executive and legislative arms of government for improved accountability.
• Restore the integrity of the National Assembly by strengthening it to hold the executive accountable.
• Reduce regions from 14 to six provinces, and amend the relevant laws to effect meaningful decentralisation.
· Proactive, pro-people and pro-poor.
· Open, transparent and systems-based.
· 15 ministries.
· One official vehicle per minister.
· Reduce state motorcades.
· Do away with all governor advisors, ministerial advisors and presidential advisors.
Popular Democratic Movement (PDM)
· Fifteen ministers with only four deputy ministers.
· Live within our means and get the budget back under control.
· Establish a national audit to identify savings and efficiencies in areas of government, in order to reduce government debt.
· Review the performance of SOEs, limit bailouts and reform the high wage bills that characterise them.
· Strategically sell assets that are not core functions of government and decrease the burden of state involvement in business, thereby opening up space for the private sector.
Rally for Democracy and Progress (RDP)
· Abolish proportional representation and implement direct representation.
·Abolish presidential appointments in government and instead let the people vote in their own governors.
• Socialist system.
•Workers will have shares and control over all major economic sectors and SOEs, including mining, fishing, tourism and agriculture.
•Transform the finance, banking and insurance sectors in order to achieve effective control of the economy for the benefit of the people and ensure their effective financial inclusion.