Clean Kicks for all your shoe needs
Breathing new life into your shoes since November 2019.
21 January 2020 | People
Clean Kicks Namibia is a business which specialises in the cleaning and repair of all shoe types.
The idea was sparked by a gap identified in the laundry industry. The two founders Kleopas Malima (25) and Gabriel Nghiyolwa (23), who at the time struggled to get their shoes cleaned as there was no laundry business in the country that offered the service, saw it as the perfect opportunity to serve the Namibian community.
Malima has an honours degree in logistics and supply chain management from the Namibia University of Science and Technology, while Nghiyolwa is currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science at the same institution.
The business currently employees three others, including the owners.
The culture they promote is one of positivity and unlocking each team member’s genius, which they achieve by providing their team with the right environment to be themselves, succeed and ultimately serve their clients.
Founded in November 2019, they aim to expand the business and become a household name in of southern Africa in the next three years. “During our first year of operations, we aim to expand into the main cities in Namibia. At this early stage of our business, we are already in talks with some partners in Ghana to work on a Clean Kicks Ghana franchise,” one of the owner said.
When asked how they measure success, they mentioned that they have pre-determined factors in place which they use to measure their performance, and these are set up based on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets. The areas they focus on are quality of work, turnover, operating costs as well as business growth and expansion.
The owners aspire to become influential and successful entrepreneurs as well as serve as positive catalysts for change in the Namibian economic and education sectors.
For services, contact 085 744 4950 or email [email protected]
Facts about the duo
· An extrovert.
· Enjoys reading.
· ‘Kind of’ short tempered.
· He is idealistic and optimistic.
· Fitness freak.
· Family orientated.
· He is an ambitious individual regarding Namibia’s economic outlook.
· Enjoys pop music by artists like Meghan Trainor, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
· An extremely good cook.
· He is a trained public speaker.
· Before talking to anyone, he always tries to plan how the conversation will go in his head.
· Can’t sing or dance.
· He is always the calmest guy in the room in any situation.
· Goes crazy over a girl’s smile.
· He is a self-conscious individual.
· There’s a good chance the thoughts in his head will exit his mouth.
· Hates competing.
· Dislikes soccer.
· A great cook.
· He’s a former rugby player.