Girl (8) raped in Kavango

Man shot in head, jaw, and carjacked

01 June 2021 | Crime



A 25-year-old man allegedly raped an eight-year-old girl at Murayi village in Kahenge between Thursday and Friday.

According to the police, the suspect is known but has not been arrested yet.

In another incident, a 14-year-old girl was nearly raped by a 19-year-old man on Friday at Tses in a field between Swartkoppies farm and Blou-oos post farm.

It is alleged that the suspect tried to remove the girl’s clothes and rape her. The suspect has been arrested.

In a separate incident last Friday on the Ohangwena B1 road, three suspects shot a man in his head and through the lower jaw. They then pushed him from his vehicle and drove away with it. The value of the vehicle is N$60 000 and no recovery has been made yet.

The victim was admitted to the Oshakati Intermediate State Hospital and is in a stable condition. The suspects are known but have yet to be arrested.

‘Fake’ police

Meanwhile at Eenhana, it is alleged that five unknown suspects, who pretended to be undercover police officers, searched the vehicle of a 29-year-old taxi driver and stole N$120 000 from the glovebox on Friday.

They instructed the taxi driver to drive under their guard to the Ondangwa police station, but told him to stop near Jan Japan Motors along the Ondangwa-Ongwediva road where they told him he was cleared of any wrongdoing and that he could go, and that the station would call him to claim his money. They then disappeared with the money. Police investigations continue.

In Otjozondjupa at the Gam resettlement, two suspects were arrested on Saturday for being in possession of an elephant tusk. The 23-year-old and 38-year-old presented and offered the elephant tusk for sale while they were not in possession of a permit obtained from the environment ministry as prescribed by law. The value of the tusk has yet to be established.

Further, at Outjo at Farm Tzaas, suspects stole three solar pumps by pulling them out of the borehole. The water pumps are valued at N$90 000. No suspects have been arrested and the pumps have not been recovered.